October 2022: Please note Via Inn Asakusa has now permanently closed. Please see our Asakusa page for other places to stay in this district. See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
The Via Inn Asakusa is a decent business hotel at the north end of Asakusa with some of the cheapest hotel rates in the city of Tokyo.
If you’re looking to save some serious money on accommodation and are okay with staying up in Asakusa, this simple business hotel is among the best bargains in the city. It’s at the north end of Asakusa, very close to Senso-ji Temple and about 10 minutes walk from Asakusa subway station. Thus, the location is relatively convenient.
The rooms are typical of Japanese business hotels: small, but adequate, with everything you need.
There’s a decent Western- and Japanese-style breakfast buffet.
Given the rates, which are among the cheapest in the city, this is a very good choice in the budget category.
Via Inn Asakusa
2-33-7 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
:: Check availability and pricing for the Via Inn Asakusa on Booking.com or Agoda.com.
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 5-minute walk from the north exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 7 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Near To Here:
Via Inn Asakusa is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world