The Via Inn Asakusa is a decent business hotel at the north end of Asakusa with some of the cheapest hotel rates in the city of Tokyo.
If you’re looking to save some serious money on accommodation and are okay with staying up in Asakusa, this simple business hotel is among the best bargains in the city. It’s at the north end of Asakusa, very close to Senso-ji Temple and about 10 minutes walk from Asakusa subway station. Thus, the location is relatively convenient.
The rooms are typical of Japanese business hotels: small, but adequate, with everything you need.
There’s a decent Western- and Japanese-style breakfast buffet.
Given the rates, which are among the cheapest in the city, this is a very good choice in the budget category.
Via Inn Asakusa
2-33-7 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 5-minute walk from the north exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 7 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Near To Here:
Via Inn Asakusa is located in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district. See our complete list of things to do in Tokyo's Asakusa, Ryogoku and Skytree district, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads