Yamate ROCHE serves up hearty Japanese-style Western food. It’s generally hard to go wrong no matter what you order. and there’s an English-language menu.
Yamate ROCHE. - image © Florentyna Leow
Located a short walk from Harbour View Park, Yamate ROCHE serves up hearty Japanese-style Western food. The beef stew Hamburg steak – like a very large hamburger patty – is a best-seller, but it’s generally hard to go wrong no matter what you order. The omurice (omelette rice) is delicious, as is the pork sausage set, pan-fried pork loin with basil sauce, fried prawns, and steak tenderloin. Usefully, there’s an English-language menu. Yamate ROCHE is also a pretty good option if you’re travelling with kids who are picky eaters.
1F Colonel's Corner, 246 Yamate-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0862
〒231-0862 横浜市中区山手町246 カーネルスコーナー1F
11am-7:30pm. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Train: 6-minute walk from exit 5 of Motomachi-Chukagai Station on the Minatomirai line.
Official Website (Japanese)
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world