Yokohama Nakaya Oozeki Honten make deliciously chewy udon (wheat noodles) in-house. It’s all about depth of flavour here and lunch won’t break the bank.
Yokohama Nakaya Oozeki Honten. - image © Florentyna Leow
Noodle lovers need look no further than Nakaya. Specialising in udon (wheat noodles), this shop makes their deliciously chewy noodles in-house. They’re well-known for their kishimen – a thinner variety of udon – and their miso-ni, or simmered miso udon. It’s all about depth of flavour here: Nakaya makes their umami-fun stock with the best Hokkaido kelp, layering on the flavour with skipjack bonito flakes, white soy sauce, and tamari, before adding their signature secret miso sauce. Best of all, lunch here won’t break the bank. A great choice for a meal if you’re in the area.
Yokohama Nakaya Oozeki Honten
B2 Joinus Yokohama, 1-5-1 Minami-saiwai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, 220-0005
〒220-0005 横浜市西区南幸1-5-1 相鉄ジョイナスB2
Train and subway: Directly connected to Yokohama Station.
Official Website (Japanese)
:: Read customer reviews of Yokohama Nakaya Oozeki Honten on TripAdvisor.
More Yokohama Restaurant Recommendations:
See all the restaurants we recommend on our Places to Eat in Yokohama page.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, you might save money with a Japan Rail Pass – see if it's worth it for you
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world