A short walk from Ueno-koen Park, the Ryokan Katsutaro is a friendly little ryokan that offers traditional rooms at reasonable rates. Rooms here can accommodate up to four people, making it a good choice for families.
Ryokan Katsutaro - image © TrulyTokyo.com
The long-running Ryokan Katsutaro is a pleasant ryokan within easy walking distance of the sights in Ueno and Yanaka. While the building is modern, the rooms are traditional. The management is friendly and helpful and very used to foreign guests. Most rooms have en suite bathrooms. This is a great place to try the ryokan experience in Tokyo.
4-16-8 Ikenohata, Taito-ku
Price:Budget to Moderate
Internet: wifi access and communal PC
Non-smoking rooms: Yes
5min walk from Nezu Station, Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
:: Check availability and pricing for Ryokan Katsutaro on Booking.com.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.