Located in Shiodome, with a commanding view over Tokyo Bay, the Conrad Tokyo is a fine luxury hotel with an attentive staff and ripping views from the rooms.
The Conrad Tokyo is located in a high tower in Shiodome, within easy walking distance of JR Shimbashi Station, subway stations, Ginza, Tsukiji and Hama-Rikyu Gardens. The eye-popping views from the rooms and restaurants are the top selling point here.
Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The staff is well known for being attentive and caring. The facilities are very good, as are the restaurants and bar.
The only reason fault I can find with the Conrad Tokyo is the location: It’s indeed quite convenient, but Shiodome is not as central or happening as Shinjuku, Roppongi or the Tokyo Station Area.
1-9-1 Higashi-shimbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-7337
wifi and LAN cable access
Subway: Directly connected to exit 9 of Shiodome Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Yurikamome line.
Train: 7-minute walk from the Shiodome exit of Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads