Connected to Shin Yokohama Station and good value for money, the Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel is conveniently located for the bullet train to Tokyo, although the surrounding area doesn’t have many attractions.
Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel - image © Booking.com
Connected to Shin Yokohama Station and the Prince Pepe Shopping Plaza, the Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel is conveniently located. If you have a JR Pass, all you have to do is hop on the bullet train and you’ll be in Tokyo in under 20 minutes. There are also plenty of restaurants around. Note that the surrounding area doesn’t really have much in the way of attractions or interesting things to do.
Rooms are decently sized for Japanese hotels, and have great views of the city. Beds are firm but comfortable and rooms have all the amenities you need. Hotel staff are polite and helpful. The buffet breakfast has a wide variety of dishes from Japanese curry to raspberry Danishes. In general, a stay here is good value for money.
Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel
3-4 Shin-yokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama-shi, 222-8533
wifi and LAN cable access
Train and subway: 2-minute walk from Shin-Yokohama Station on the JR Tokaido Shinkansen and Yokohama line, and Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue line.
More Yokohama Hotel Picks:
See our Yokohama Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Yokohama hotels to suit all budgets and tastes.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals. Check my guides to arriving at Narita Airport and at Haneda Airport.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world