The Super Hotel Asakusa is a good no-frills business hotel at the north end of Asakusa, very close to the tourist district.
If you’re looking to save some money and want a simple but adequate place to lay your head, you might like the Super Hotel Asakusa. For rates that place it firmly in the budget range, you get a pretty standard business hotel room, breakfast (included with the room rate) and a convenient location. It’s a few minutes walk to the temple and about 10 minutes walk to the main Asakusa subway station.
There are a few quirks with the Super Hotel chain. One is that you must vacate the room between 10am and 3pm if you want your room cleaned, but if you inform them that you don’t need cleaning, you can occupy the room all day and they’ll leave fresh towels hanging from your doorknob.
Super Hotel Asakusa
2-33-1 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0032
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 5-minute walk from the north exit of Asakusa Station on the Tobu Skytree line.
Subway: 6-minute walk from exit 7 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza line, and Toei Asakusa line.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads