The Ritz-Carlton Lobby Lounge & Bar on the 45th floor of the Midtown Tower in Roppongi is a classy place with a stunning view of the megalopolis. Put on some nice clothes and enjoy the view.
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar - image © Florentyna Leow
No visit to Tokyo is complete without the quintessentially cinematic experience of enjoying a panoramic night view at a sky-high hotel bar. The Lobby Lounge & Bar at the Ritz-Carlton is one of a few perfect places in Tokyo to do just that.
The view is glorious, yes, but so is the bar itself. The armchairs are wonderfully plush and comfortable and the cocktails are excellent, if expensive. Naturally, there’s live piano music in the afternoon and suitably classy music in the evenings.
The ‘casual elegance’ dress code is not strictly enforced, but if you’re going to come to a gorgeous place like this, you may as well make the effort and dress up a little. It’ll be a special night out to remember.
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar
Tokyo Midtown, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-6245
〒107-6245 東京都港区赤坂9-7-1 東京ミッドタウン
The Lobby Lounge: 9am-12am
The Bar: 11am-12am (Sunday-Thursday), 11am-1am (Friday, Saturday, and the day before a national holiday)
Cover charge Y2700 (only 8pm-11:30pm)
Subway: Directly connected to exit 8 of Roppongi Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Tokyo Metro Hibiya line.
Official website (English)
The Lobby Lounge
Near To Here:
Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world