The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar - image © Florentyna Leow
No visit to Tokyo is complete without the quintessentially cinematic experience of enjoying a panoramic night view at a sky-high hotel bar. The Lobby Lounge & Bar at the Ritz-Carlton is one of a few perfect places in Tokyo to do just that.
The view is glorious, yes, but so is the bar itself. The armchairs are wonderfully plush and comfortable and the cocktails are excellent, if expensive. Naturally, there’s live piano music in the afternoon and suitably classy music in the evenings.
The ‘casual elegance’ dress code is not strictly enforced, but if you’re going to come to a gorgeous place like this, you may as well make the effort and dress up a little. It’ll be a special night out to remember.
The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar
Tokyo Midtown, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-6245
〒107-6245 東京都港区赤坂9-7-1 東京ミッドタウン
The Lobby Lounge: 9am-12am
The Bar: 11am-12am (Sunday-Thursday), 11am-1am (Friday, Saturday, and the day before a national holiday)
Cover charge Y2700 (only 8pm-11:30pm)
Subway: Directly connected to exit 8 of Roppongi Station on the Toei Oedo line, and Tokyo Metro Hibiya line.
Near To Here:
Tokyo The Lobby Lounge & Bar is located in Tokyo's Roppongi and Akasaka district. See our complete list of things to do in Roppongi and Akasaka, including places to eat, nightlife and places to stay.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)