Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyo has an excellent location, walking distance from the station, and surrounded by all kinds of attractions and great restaurants.
The Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu - image © Booking.com
You can’t ask for a better location for the Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyo. It’s walking distance from the train station, it’s part of a ginormous shopping complex, and is surrounded by all kinds of attractions from the Cup Noodle Museum to the Red Brick Warehouse. Great restaurants in the area are just the icing on the cake.
Rooms here are larger than average for Japanese hotels, with great views of the city and the surrounding bay. They’re well-appointed with all the amenities you might need, plus free WiFi and built-in USB charging ports. Breakfast is delicious, with a wide variety of dishes. The hotel has an onsite fitness centre and a pool, which is a rarity in Japan. However, just know that it’s par for the course to charge hotel guests extra to use these facilities.
Like an increasing number of hotels in Japan these days, the Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu provides smartphones for guests to use during their stay. These “handy phones” are provided free of charge, and allow you to make free domestic calls, browse the internet and find your way around town. They’ll bill you if you lose the phone, but it’s an otherwise useful and convenient service.
Overall, the Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu is a great choice for business travellers as well as tourists.
The Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu
2-3-7 Minatomirai, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, 220-8543
Train: 1-minute walk from exit 5 of Minatomirai Station on the Minatomirai line.
More Yokohama Hotel Picks:
See our Yokohama Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Yokohama hotels to suit all budgets and tastes.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get essential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)