Located inside a high-rise near Yokohama Station, Yokohama Sakuragicho Washington Hotel is clean and modern, with firm beds and some great views of the bay.
Yokohama Sakuragicho Washington Hotel - image © Booking.com
This hotel is located inside Cross Gate, a modern high-rise complex near Yokohama Station and Sakuragicho Station. Rooms are clean and modern, with firm beds. You have the option of paying extra for a room with a great view of the bay. Size-wise, they’re pretty standard for Japanese hotels – don’t expect a ton of space! Still, they’re well-appointed with all the amenities you expect and more, including a coffee maker and slippers. The buffet breakfast has a good variety of Japanese and international choices. The staff are friendly and efficient, though they may not speak much English; they’re also not very flexible when it comes to early check-in. Very light sleepers may wish to bring earplugs – while the hotel isn’t noisy by any stretch of the imagination, the walls are not perfectly soundproofed.
Yokohama Sakuragicho Washington Hotel
1-101-1 Sakuragi-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama-shi, 231-0062
Train and subway: 1-minute walk from the east exit of Sakuragicho Station on the JR Negishi line and Yokohama Municipal Subway Blue line.
More Yokohama Hotel Picks:
See our Yokohama Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Yokohama hotels to suit all budgets and tastes.
Yokohama Travel Guide:
- Yokohama Travel Guide Overview
- Things To Do In Yokohama
- Places To Eat In Yokohama
- Yokohama Itineraries
- Yokohama With Kids
- Yokohama Cherry Blossoms
- Yokohama Fall Foliage
- Yokohama Districts
- Yokohama Ryokan
- Yokohama Hotels
- Yokohama Map
- How To Get To Yokohama
- Getting Around Yokohama
- Best Time To Go To Yokohama
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- World Nomads offers simple and flexible travel insurance. Buy at home or while traveling and claim online from anywhere in the world