Tokyo is a big city, so if you’re coming to see the cherry blossoms, it makes sense to stay near the best cherry blossom spots. Here are my suggestions.
Cherry blossom trees in Shinjuku Gyoen national garden
First, Book Well in Advance!
Cherry blossom season is peak tourist season in Tokyo and hotels can book out months in advance, especially good hotels in desirable areas, so be sure to book as early as possible.
Check Current Tokyo Hotel Availability
Best Areas to Stay in During Cherry Blossom Season
These areas are the most convenient to Tokyo’s best cherry blossom spots:
- Shinjuku: Close to the major cherry blossom spots of Shinjuku Gyoen Garden and Meiji-jingu Shrine, Shinjuku is also packed with great hotels.
- Shibuya: Close to Yoyogi-koen Park and Meiji-jingu Shrine, Shibuya has a huge range of hotels to choose from.
- Ueno: Home to Tokyo’s single most famous cherry blossom spot, Ueno-koen Park, Ueno also has a wide range of inexpensive hotels and even some ryokan.
- Tokyo Station Area: The Tokyo Station Area is not rich in cherry trees, but it’s close to the Imperial Palace, which is. And it’s also convenient to transport to other parts of town that have famous cherry blossom spots.
Recommended Tokyo Hotels for Cherry Blossom Season
The following hotels are all great choices for cherry blossom season in Tokyo.
Tokyo Station Area
Tokyo Cherry Blossoms Guide:
- When Is Cherry Blossom Season In Tokyo
- Where Is The Best Place To See Cherry Blossoms In Tokyo?
- Tokyo 2-Day Cherry Blossom Itinerary
- Where To Stay In Cherry Blossom Season In Tokyo
- Best Places To See Cherry Blossoms In Tokyo Away from The Crowds
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com – usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass – here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how
- Get esssential travel insurance for Tokyo – World Nomads is well-regarded (and here's why)