Tokyo Olympic tickets will be sold via the internet, Japan-related travel companies like JTB, and at ticket vending machines at convenience stores in Japan. Sale dates have not been released yet, but we’ll have them for you as soon as they are.
Tokyo Taiikukan © douglaspperkins
- According to Japan’s Nikkei Shimbun newspaper, tickets for the opening ceremony will range from Y25,000 to Y150,000 (about US$220 to US$1330). Average ticket prices for events will be around Y7000 (about US$60) and a significant percentage of tickets will cost less than Y5000 (about US$44).
- For people living outside of Japan, the best way to purchase tickets will be online or from Japan-related travel agencies like JTB, which have online and physical presence in many countries outside Japan.
- As soon as sale dates and purchase locations are announced, we will announce them on this page.
For information on the location of events, see our Tokyo Olympic Venues page.
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare Japan flight prices and timings on Skyscanner
- If you're visiting more than one city, get your Japan Rail Pass
- Get travel insurance for your Japan trip - book online with World Nomads