The 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympic Games will be held at 34 venues in and around Tokyo. Our map of the venues is the most up-to-date map available.
Yoyogi National Gymnasium: Sira Anamwong / Shutterstock.com
Tokyo Olympic Venues Map
Want a bigger version of the map? View the full size Tokyo Olympic Venue map
Most of the Tokyo Summer Olympic events will be held in Tokyo itself. The venues are divided into two zones: Heritage Zone and Tokyo Bay Zone. Heritage Zone venues are in central Tokyo, within the Yamanote Loop Line, while most Tokyo Bay Zone Venues are on Odaiba, an artificial island in Tokyo Bay. A few football (soccer) matches will be held at stadiums in other parts of Japan, like Sendai City.
For information on buying Tokyo Olympic tickets, see our How to Buy Tokyo Olympic Tickets page.
See my detailed guide about the best places to stay in Tokyo during the Tokyo Olympics - you'll need to choose carefully to minimize your travelling time. Tokyo is huge!
Here is the full list of Tokyo Olympic Venues:
- Olympic Stadium
- Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium
- Yoyogi National Stadium
- Nippon Budokan
- Imperial Palace Garden
- Tokyo International Forum
- Kokugikan Arena
- Ariake Arena
- Ariake Olympics Gymnastics Centre
- Olympic BMX Course
- Ariake Tennis Park
- Odaiba Marine Park
- Shiokaze Park
- Seaside Park Hockey Stadium
- Sea Forest Cross-Country Course
- Sea Forest Waterway
- Canoe slalom venue
- Dream Island Archery Field
- Olympic Aquatics Centre
- Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Center
- Baji Koen
- Musashino Forest Sport Centre
- Tokyo Stadium
- Saitama Super Arena
- Asaka shooting Range
- Kasumigaseki Country Club
- Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex
- Enoshima Yacht Harbour
- Izu Velodrome
- Izu Mountain Bike Course
- Sapporo Dome
- Miyagi Stadium
- Saitama Stadium
- International Stadium Yokohama
- Olympic Village
- IBC/MPC Tokyo International Exhibition Center
Where Are These Places Located?See these places on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads