The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel is a large and reasonably priced luxury hotel in Shibuya, one of Tokyo’s best places to be based.
If you’re looking for a luxury hotel with all the facilities (gym, restaurants, pool, bar with a great view over the city), and want to be in a convenient location, the Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel is a great choice. It’s significantly cheaper than the famous international-brand luxury hotels in the city (like the Hyatt, Ritz, Mandarin, Four Seasons, Aman, etc).
The rooms are spacious for Tokyo and many have great views over the city. Common areas are pleasant but can get crowded, especially during check-in and out times. You can easily walk to Shibuya Station in about five minutes. And there are hundreds of great restaurants within walking distance.
There are a few weak spots to point out: you must pay extra to use the gym and pool (and children are not allowed in the pool); tattoos are not allowed in the pool; service can be a little inflexible.
However, given the great location, the spacious rooms and views, and the reasonable prices, this is a very good choice for a luxury hotel in Tokyo.
Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-8512
wifi and LAN cable access
Train: 5-minute walk from the west exit of Shibuya Station.
More Tokyo Hotel Picks:
See our Tokyo Hotels page for hand-picked recommendations of Tokyo hotels to suit all budgets and tastes. For a quick overview of the best areas to stay in Tokyo, see our Where To Stay In Tokyo page.
Where Is This Place Located?See this place on the Truly Tokyo Google map:
- Open the Tokyo map
- You will see the list of places on the left hand side. (Click the 3-line icon in the top left corner if not). Scroll down or use the map search (the magnifying glass icon) to find the place you want.
- Click the name of the place in the list. Its location pin will be highlighted on the map.
- Map pins are color coded - BLUE: Hotels / Ryokan / Guesthouses | VIOLET: Ryokan | PINK: Places to Eat | GREEN: Shops | YELLOW: Things to See and Do
- If you're using the map on your phone, open the map and then search for the name of the place. The map will then zoom in on its location.
Tokyo Vacation Checklist
- For all the essentials in a brief overview, see my First Time In Tokyo guide
- Check Tokyo accommodation availability and pricing on Booking.com - usually you can reserve a room with no upfront payment. Pay when you check out. Free cancellations too.
- Need tips on where to stay? See my one page guide Where To Stay In Tokyo
- You can buy a Japan SIM card online with Klook for collection on arrival at Tokyo Narita or Haneda airports. Or rent an unlimited data pocket wifi router.
- See my comprehensive Packing List For Japan
- Compare airline flight prices and timings for the best Japan flight deals.
- If you're visiting more than one city, save a ton of money with a Japan Rail Pass - here's why it's worth it
- A prepaid Suica card makes travelling around Tokyo much easier - here's how.
- It's essential you have travel insurance for Tokyo - we recommend World Nomads